Sunday 19 March 2017

March 19,2017

March 19, 2017

Continuing with the 360 degree drop paintings, I experimented with canvas size, I practiced seeing spaces and forms, decided how many drops constituted a form and then started to edit out portions of compositions using the dropped forms as templates. What were,  symphonic grids,as I described them, began to morph into circuits with synapses of colonized paint drops. It was as if I was searching for the just the right intersection or connection that would ignite an explosive foray into future work.
As  it happened, breaking my foot not only shocked me into my body,
 
it also provided the next step for my work, so to speak. A friend had loaned me a walker, I would place my bent knee onto the black seat of the walker to support my cast wrapped foot. Always looking down at the black square of the plastic seat started to introduce the image and the history of the black square in painting  into my thoughts and imagery.











No comments:

Post a Comment